Shot By - Daas Media Works
Dressing for work comes with a different yet defined set of rules - some that we make for ourselves and some laid down by our work environment. Thinking about what to wear for work can feel like a job in itself. Undebatably, LACE is a tricky fabric to adorn as it always transcends the fine lines of sophistication and provocation. Some may argue that lace shouldn't be included in the work wear, but I believe that wearing lace is all about finding the balance. So for all you working girls, wanting to tune-up your work-style-quotient in lace, here are a few of my styling tips -
1. If you've always been conservative when it comes to lace and are now fancying an experiment, start with delicate yet well structured lace tops/shirts in basic colours. You can pair them with your favourite pair of trousers, a pencil skirt or underneath a well fitted suit.
2. If lace pencil skirts are your thing but you still want to remain in the "safe" territory, pair your skirt with a basic shirt or, if your work place allows, a T-Shirt. However, avoid printed or graphic T-Shirts in this regard. You can finish your look with a tailored blazer and a pair of pointy pumps.
3. When it comes to jewellery/accessories, less is always more. Much like my look, try sticking to minimalistic and dainty pieces. Yet again, if your work environment permits, you may experiment with contrasts in terms of colour.
4. The same principle as above applies when we talk of make-up. We ofcourse want our skin to look fresh and awake, but remember less is always more. I added a strong red lip for the purposes of this outfit. You always have a choice to go in for a more natural or a lip stained look.
5. If you choose to stray away from the basics and pick lace in shades of wine, aubergines, maroons or coloured pieces with a nude lining, anchor the rest of the look with muted accessories.
6. If an all out lace top, shirt or a skirt is not an option you can follow due to work constraints, a little peek-a-boo always works and adds so much textural and visual impact to the overall look. A lace hem peeking from just underneath your blazer or a structured jacket is an interesting dimension to the overall look.
7. Another interesting pairing can be to wear a lace blazer over your regular shirt, top or T-Shirt. It's safe and spot on chic.
8. Coming back to pencil skirts. If you feel that your skirt in any way is overwhelming, pair it with a top/shirt of the same colour i.e. ditch contrasts in terms of colours and textures. This shall render a very sleek and minimalistic look to the overall outfit. My personal tip would be to stick to minimal jewellery as well.
9. Whenever in doubt, add your favourite blazer!
10. Last but not the least, if your work place is a fancier version of what most of us would envy, go ahead and try this girl!
Skirt - Myntra.com
T-Shirt and Scarf - Old (Gifted probably)
Bag - ALDO
Jewellery and Watch - Mom's
Sandals - Jabong
On my lips - Neutrogena Merlot in shade 90
Thank you for stopping by...