The world was introduced to Lace way back in the 16th century, when the clergy of the early Catholic Church made it a part of vestments in religious ceremonies. Lace is that super-luxe fabric, that has ever since stood the test of time. Described as one of the most feminine fabric, reminiscent of the innocence of a girl and the poise of a lady, lace can never go out of fashion. I feel so glad that Lace is no longer associated only with the classic whites, blacks and beiges and we have a bounty of non-monochromic options to explore.
Personally, I love wearing lace for all the obvious reasons. Here are some style tips one can keep in mind when wearing lace:
1. The key is to pick one lace element per look. I really like how Stella McCartney and Diane von Furstenberg offer beautiful blouses with lace details such as inlays and sleeves. These blouses pair perfectly with everything from distressed denim to pencil skirts.
2. Choose minimal accessories to pair with lace. Let lace remain the main element of the ensemble.
3. Wear white lace dresses with camel colored flats or gladiators, accessorizing with chunks of gold for the day. Lace with mixed fabrics works well for the evenings.
4. If you do not want to commit to an all lace look, opt for lace accessories; a clutch or shoes.
5. Wearing lace does not mean or should be understood as revelation. It should show that you are a woman but define that you are a lady.
Dress - TrimmingsAndLace
Bag - MANGO
Neck-Piece - Forever New
Ring - Thrifted (Australia)
Peep-Toes - Local Store (Chandigarh)
Thank you for stopping by...