Having an animal print piece in your closet is more of a classic than a trend. It can be a dress, top, bag, shoes or a scarf, depending on the degree you are willing to incorporate it in your outfit. Designers, high end stores and even the local stores in your city, everyone has had a brush with this wild jungle. However, wearing animal prints does involve a few tricks and golden rules. Here's a quick drop down on how to bring out your wild side, albeit gracefully and stylishly.
1. The principal rule when wearing animal prints is to never, never and never overdo it. One piece or two are enough (and loud) to make a statement.
2. The basic principle while working with animal prints to build an outfit around that one prime piece. In my case, I wanted my leopard print courts to be the core of this outfit. I also added a leopard print blouse but narrowed its effect by adding a soft, contrast cardigan. The rest of the look was kept in black.
3. If you are a beginner in wearing/experimenting with animal prints, opt to wear them with another classic i.e. black and white. This is one look that works well especially in corporate wear. But remember, one item at a time. Also, if you choose to wear an animal print dress, keep your accessories minimal and in neutral hues.
4. Animal prints have a certain wild connotation to them. But pair them with soft pastels to wear a look that's tough and delicate all at once. You can take it a notch higher, by playing around with textures. Say wearing an animal print top with a pleated skirt.
5. Fashion is limitless. So be you. Hold up to the women of today, by pairing your animal print piece with florals - a top with a floral skirt, a floral dress with animal print shoes or basic jeans teamed with a floral blouse and leopard print blazer. Isn't this the best way to exclude your inner strength and confidence by keeping up your feminine front?
I hope you find these ideas useful. Would love to know your views through comments and emails. Have a wonderful day!
Top - Boutique in Dubai (last worn here)
Cardigan - Gifted
Trousers - Vibe
Shoes and Bag - Dune
Sunglasses - RayBan
Spiked Bracelet - Fab Alley
Spiked Ring - You Shine
Black Ring - Thrifted
Thank you for stopping by...