I know you are having the been.there.done.that moment. But don't worry I shall not be creating a board of how this flirty shade of green and turquoise, has experienced a rip-roaring resurgence and has come out to fill the fashion magazines, blogs and our closets with all things MINT - be that clothing, accessories, makeup or nail varnishes. Though once reserved for the outdated, blasé bathroom tiles, sartorially speaking mint green was and continues to be a great hit this season.
Despite being such a soft and pretty color, mint green can look disastrous if not worn in the right way. Here are my suggestions on how to incorporate this roar gracefully into your outfits.
1. Mint is amazing in itself, or it can be matched with other shades from the pastel palette like powdery pinks, peach, beige, lavender, pale turquoise, white and other ice-creme hues.
2.If you are choosing to wear mint with delicate pastels, color blocking is a good idea. So choose a pastel shade and play with these colors.
3. If you are feeling that your mint statement in the outfit (like the dress is my mint statement in the outfit) is overload, balance the mint with eye-popping shades like yellow, orange or green. I kept it safe by wearing a darker shade of green. For better results, choose these eye-popping shades in small doses.
4. Mint colored jeans are everywhere. They can look very trendy in combination with a neutral solid top or a printed blouse. Personally, I feel that you can never go wrong pairing your mint pants with a white blouse.
5. Double the mint. Mint on mint can look really lovely, so try matching two mint shades with each other.
6. I also feel that a color that looks amazing with mint and flatters all skin tones is navy. Go out and give it a try :)
7. Mint and black is also a combination that never fails. If you are looking for an option in formal dresses skip picking black for mint. It is a buy you won't regret. Try balancing mint with black pieces like a belt, statement necklace or earrings for that crisp, formal look.
8. For a monotone look, wear your mint with metallic accessories. While, gold balances the coolness of mint and adds warmth to it, silver revitalizes its freshness.
9. If you are not keen on trying an all mint look, pick up smaller pieces to incorporate this candy hue into your outfit. I suggest sunglasses, mint flats or heels, watch, a mint green scarf, belt, jewelry pieces or a hat.
10. If still, less is your mantra mint nails are worth trying. That's a great trick to nail down the mint green trend and convince others in your fashion awareness.
I hope you find these tips useful and are on for a mint-party!!
Dress - TrimmingsAndLace
Clutch - ASOS
Pumps - Charles & Keith
Flower Horse Shoe Ring - Forever 21
Flower Green Ring - Thrifted
Earrings - Claire's (seen here)
On my nails -China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint
P.S TrimmingsAndLace is the label for all self-designed and tailored pieces.
Thank you for stopping by...