Cropped tops have been the hottest trend this summer with celebrities, fashionistas and bloggers adorning the same with complete aplomb. I have simply grown to love this trend and cannot have enough of it. There are cropped T-Shirts, button-downs, knotted plaids, turtle necks, bralets and corsets…et all. What’s better is that cropped tops which ruled the roost this summer are sticking around for spring 2014 as well. So, ladies let’s keep those crunches going!
Whether paired with leggings, shorts, a high-waisted skirt, palazzo pants or a maxi skirt, a good crop top will never let you down. You can show a little or a lot of skin depending on what you’re comfortable with and you can even opt for half or full sleeves, cutouts, embellishments — pretty much anything! However, this doesn’t mean that you have to burn your pockets to fit the bill. All you need to do is some chopping and cropping and this runway to street style trend is all yours!
- A top/T-Shirt – I picked an old body suit.
- Measuring Tape
- Matching thread
- Some sewing skills - If this part is a little tricky, you always have your local tailor.
- Using the measuring tape, measure the length that suits you. Ideally, a cropped top reveals only the midriff.
- Mark the length.
- Using a pair of scissors cut along the mark. If you cannot cut along a straight line, you can give it a curved shape.
- Once done, simply hem the top/T-Shirt.
If you wish to show less skin, always opt for something high-waisted to go with your cropped top – an A-line skirt, skater skirt, trousers or palazzo pants. This is the easiest way to rock the look! For regular updates on my personal style and much more don't forget to join me on Twitter - @TrimmingsNdLace and Instagram - @trimmingsandlace.
Thank you for stopping by...