As much as I have been swooning over embellished heels, owning a pair have always felt like walking the edge. When it comes to following trends I am always on a lookout for control and control measurements. To say, if I am embracing a particular trend I will look for three things -
1. Yes, the 'trend' in question should stand justified.
2. The 'trend' in question should be in doses that fits my taste. (Welcome The TrimmingsAndLace Collection...yes you heard it first!!)
3. Return on Investment i.e. once I have invested in a particular trend, worn and blogged it...how much of it will suit my needs for the future and for how long...Now who said bloggers were mere compulsive shoppers??
So, if you are someone like me...this logic will definitely appeal to you!
1. A pair of heels - I picked up these small heeled pumps. Small heels helped me keep the embellishment subtle!
2. 20-25 small and medium multi-shaped rhinestones. Try choosing ones with a flat base.
1. Start by applying the adhesive on the toothpick. When using a strong adhesive it is always advisable to use something conducive. You wouldn't want your fingers glued for a day!
2. Use the tweezers to hold the rhinestone and smear the back with the adhesive.
3. Place it into position as per the pattern of your choice. Remember, there are no fixed rules for creating a pattern...just go ahead and have some fun!
4. You can use your fingers to secure the rhinestone in place.
5. Let them dry for about 15 to 30 minutes. And voila!
Time to slip into your bejeweled Cinderella shoes!
Heels - Local Store, Kaftan Dress - Fashion&You, Accessories - Mom's and Gifted, Rhinestones, Adhesive (Feviquick), Tweezers, Toothpick - Local Craft and Department Stores
On a side note, I have a very 'gorgeous' giveaway in progress on my Facebook page...Hop on and get winning :)
Thank you for stopping by...