NO as much as I would have wanted too, currently I am not in Paris. Before you guys wonder, why this post is so named…it’s because (in short) ever since I shot for this outfit post, I had this weird, unexplainable urge to make this post all Paris-y. Then I was reminded of that magic potion called – Wikipedia and wisely refrained from doing so.
Statement color dresses are a canvas. You can paint this canvas to suit your taste, comfort, personality and fashion sensibilities. Here are my 10 style tips to wear such dresses:
- I am someone who always tends to lean towards contrasts in clothing. This time I opted for a contrast in my accessories and flats. It’s something you can try too!!
- Team up a statement colored dress with a floral blazer or an accessory like a scarf.
- Try abstract, digital or tribal prints in belts and sling bags. (You can obviously swap 2 and 3).
4. I would also want to team up this dress with a denim jacket or a colored, striped blazer. Maybe a similar green and white stripped one!!
5. Wear it with textured, patterned or lace tights/stockings.
6. Wanting to go edgier?? Why not try it with a leather jacket (with my dress I would wear a tan leather jacket) and boots. It’s a perfect biker look!!
7. If you wish to travel the color-blocking way make sure to keep the rest of the look simple. Try strong contrasts to be dramatic.
8. The darker and richer the shade, the more you can accessorize. Like for a deeper shade of green drive into accessories like chunky gold accents.
9. Belts help break the expanse of color giving you a structured look. And it helps u look taller!!
10. Try mixing your dress with shades from the same color palette. In such case, I suggest in keeping the look simple and let colors do the talking!!
Dress from Forever 21
Flats from ALDO
Ring from Forever 21
Scarf from Kapsons
Bangles are in Gold (Mom's)
Earrings and Brooch have been gifted
Over-sized Clutch is a thrift find!! **here**
Would love to know your reviews on this post!!
P.S This post has been picked up from the archives. It is something I wore last summers :)
Are you guys following me on Facebook and Twitter?? Would love to connect there as well.
Thank you for stopping by...