Hey there my beautiful people!!
How are you all? I hope life is at its best for all of you. All is great at my side too (Thank You for asking :)), except the terrible weather from which there isn't a run-out. I did mention to you all that I love rains but all is well until it JUST rains. What follows after that for me is best described as a HAIR DISASTER. If you haven't guessed it yet, I am talking of THE HUMIDITY. I read and read and read (and try) so many style tips/products to keep my hair under control in this season, but they seem to have become senseless to my plea or actions. Aaarrggghhhh..
I am lucky to have the typical straight hair, but in this very weather they get possessed. I had a little encounter today, when a neighbour of mine remarked, " Ohhh have you gone thinner or are you looking thin just because your hair are all pinned up?" All I did was give her a polite smile and say "Maybe" but in my mind I yelled like Monica from F.R.I.E.N.D.S, "It's the HUMIDITY."
If you lovelies have any answers or are facing a similar situation please do let me know :):)
This makes me also know one thing of life...I'LL NEVER BUY A HOUSE NEXT TO THE BEACH...
Coming over to my outfit for the post. We all know that Fashion in the Summer of 2011 saw a denim makeover. I did try incorporating a few elements of denim in one of my previous post's. Denim extended beyond the regular jeans and found place in dresses, shirts, blazers et all. In this very post, I try and do DENIM SHIRTS. I didn't play adventurous and teamed them with khaki Capris...after all nothing beats the magical blue and khaki combo.
Here's what I wore:
As you are observing, this is a very basic look. A super comfortable pair of Capris teamed with a shirt/T-shirt and loafers..and you are ready to go!! I felt that this look also got in the effortless Spring/Summer 2011 trend of ANDROGYNY. Since, the outfit seemed 'boyish' I added feminine accessories to it. After all, its femininity summed with masculinity which best describes Androgyny. (That rhymes isn't :P)
In order to keep the tone neutral, I accessorized with a stack of gold bangles, hoops and wore leopard print loafers.
- Denim Shirt also called Chambray Shirt: Ralph Lauren
- Khaki Capris: Mango
- Loafers: Atmosphere
- Hoops: Aldo
- Belt and Bangles: Thrifted
Remember me in Khaki?
How to wear the classic Denim Button-down Shirt? Some ideas..
1. The denim on denim look works great, but make sure that the washes are different.
2. Denim shirts can be thrown over floral dresses or maxis. It really doesn't get better!!
3. To wear it formally, team it up with a blazer in Black or Navy-Blue.
4. To be super casual, the denim shirt can be worn open over a basic white tank and jeans
5. Camel/Tan accessories work best when wearing Denim.
6. Donnig the androgynous denim look is cool but do not over-do it. Know where to halt :p
7. Always remember to add a hint of femininity.
I hope you enjoyed today's post :)
Thank You for stopping by...